MCB Real Estate is a Baltimore based, privately held, institutionally capitalized commercial real estate investment firm founded in 2007 that makes select investments in retail, industrial, office, and mixed-use assets.
MCB Real Estate's managing partners formed a working relationship 15 years ago at their respective firms and decided to join forces to form their own company in 2007. MCB has developed deep industry expertise and relationships spanning the partners’ 50+ year careers across retail, office, industrial, and mixed-use asset classes. The company's reputation and history of proven execution in the marketplace affords access to high-quality, off-market / limited competition deal flow.
MCB maintains a track record of success with institutional investment partners including, among others; Angelo Gordon, Acadia Realty Trust (NYSE: AKR), New York Common Retirement Fund, One Liberty Properties, Inc. (NYSE: OLP), Artemis Real Estate Partners, and The Hampshire Companies.
MCB has invested in transactions representing approximately $1 billion in capital and manages over 8 million square feet of commercial real estate. MCB primarily focuses on well-located retail, industrial, office and mixed-use assets where it can solve capital or asset level issues to achieve core, core/plus or value add/opportunistic returns.
- Buy location, not tenancy
- Identify transactions with a degree of complexity and leverage the broad internal expertise to de-risk the transaction
- Leverage the team’s industry relationships
- Identify and resolve asset and entity-level issues to generate superior risk adjusted returns
- Ensure alignment of interest throughout the organization
- Foster and advance a culture of compliance throughout the organization
- Conduct business with integrity and fair-mindedness